The conference will start at 9.30 and delegates will be welcomed by IBRA chairman Hans Kjaersgaard.
The program will proceed in order of speakers and topics below, with a mid morning interval for tea and coffee, a mid day break for a light buffet lunch, and an afternoon interval for further tea and coffee.
The conference is due to close at approximately 16.30.
Topics and Speakers
- "Varroa Biology"- Dr Stephen Martin - Universtiy of Sheffield.
- "Varroa and viruses" Dr Joachim de Miranda (Queens University Belfast / Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala)
- "Chemicl control of Varroa" - Dr Max Watkins (Vita (Europe)).
- "Biological control of Varroa" - Dr David Chandler, (Warwick HRI), Dr Judy Pell ( Rothamstead Reserach)
- "Breeding honey bees for varroa tolerence - Norman Carreck (University of Sussex / IBRA)
- "Varroa - the way forward" - Dr Jochen Plugfelder (Agroscope, Switzerland